Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hungry Girl Cookbook 1-2-3

Ok, so I've decided to accept the challenge like Julie did in the movie Julie & Julia. Although I am not going to go the extreme and try to cook like Julia Child or anything. No way, no how...and plus...that's just way too much butter! I am all about eating healthy and making sure the foods I eat have flavor. Flavor is the key. And texture. lol I've used many of The Hungry Girl recipes before and have loved every single one of them. So now out comes another cook book from The Hungry Girl. Hungry Girl Cookbook 1-2-3. Approx 170 recipes I believe. It was hard to count with everything going on around me. But I figure that's 3-4 yummy HG recipes a week. I can do that! Heck, I have to cook for my family anyway!

So out comes my new cookbook. I go thru the suggested kitchen staples and recommended products. I have some of them...because I have been a Hungry Girl fan for quite some time now. I need to stock up with the essentials. If you have the book, you'll see what I am talking about. All seem pretty easy to find.

First recipe in Chapter One, Swinging Single Meals. Hummm...not a swinging single, not even close. I have 3 hungry boys at home (including hubby), so I will be quadrupling the recipes for myself and family. But you'll get to read my reviews on each recipe etc. I won't be posting the recipe, you'll have to follow along with me in your book. Anyway, first recipe:

Pizza Luau. Wonder if I will feel like I am in Hawaii when I eat it? Wouldn't that be nice? Description: "This pizza is sweet, fun and DELICIOUS. And don't even think about limiting it to lunch or snack-time. It's a great breakfast, too!"

Needed: Baking sheet and non stick spray. Prep: 5 mins (way cool!) and Cook: 10 mins (yes!)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment