Saturday, April 3, 2010

AM Apple Scramble


I woke up bright and early today, eager to make the next recipe in the Hungry Girl Cookbook for me and my husband for breakfast. Ok, I didn't get up bright and early, in fact, my husband was up an hour or so before and already made himself breakfast. So this recipe I made for myself this morning.


It was simple to put together, lots of little steps, but it was worth it in the end. This Apple Scramble is worth the 10 mins or so to put together! Although I would omit the step of using a food processor/blender to "chop" up the toasted piece of low cal white bread. My blender just isn't good, so I wound up tearing it up into little pieces on my own. Or I could have used my hand chopper, now that I think about it! In the recipe, it has you chop the bread in the blender and then add the apple egg mixture to the blender...just to combine the ingredients. Again, I think, because my blender doesn't work well. Mixing by hand all the ingredients works fine. In fact, I like how chunky the scramble was, after I cooked it. Another little change I made was the recipe called for 2 packets of Splenda, I used 2 packet of Splenda with fiber. Can't hurtt to have a little more fiber!


This recipe makes a huge dish of yummy goodness! I was surprised at the amount it made. It could easily be split up for two people along with some fresh fruit and a slice of toast. But, I did just fine eating it on my own. Every little bite. It tasted a lot like apple French Toast/cinnamon apple bread pudding. Delicious!!!!
Weight Watchers: 4 points. 242 calories, 1.75 grams of fat, 655mg sodium, 42g carbs, 6.25 fiber, 15.5g sugar, 17.5 protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment