Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cheesy Green Eggs n' Hamwiches


"Do not fear eggs that have a green hue. They're just, um, different."


Well, different enough for my family! I decided NOT to add the 2 drops of green food coloring to make these green eggs n' hamwiches. It obviously doesn't need it, but I can see the fun of it...maybe for kids or St Patty's Day!


I have to be honest, I wasn't sure when I made this recipe for my husband this morning. I even told him to try it, and if he didn't like it, I"d make him something else. Well...he loved it! I was surprised as he isn't a big fan of Laughing Cow Cheese, which was mixed into the egg whites. Turned out to be a wonderfully, tasting breakfast and very fillilng!


In the recipe, it says that kids love this recipe. I can see that, although I haven't tried it on my teenagers yet. They are different from kids... pickier. But I will definitly try this one out on them!


Weight Wathers: 5 pts, 255 calories, 4.5g fat, 1,319mg sodium, 25g carbs, 5.75g fiber, 3g sugars, 30g protein.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across your blog. Can't wait to see what else you make from the book! I just got the book myself and it is great to see some real recipe reviews.

    ReplyDelete