Monday, April 5, 2010

Tremendous Top Shelf Turkey Burger


On tonight's menu, is Hungry Girl's Tremendous Top Shelf Turkey Burger and TOP SHELF it is! Loaded with mushrooms & onions (although chopped so fine my mushroom and onion hating son didn't even notice). I wonder what else I can hide in this burger? The flavor of these thick and juicy burgers is amazing, which is to be expected. It doesn't hold together quite like a real hamburger, which is why there was a side note in the recipe stating to be careful when flipping. I made 4 burgers, 3 made it into the picture, because one I didn't flip so carefully and wasn't as pretty as the others. But it tasted just fine! I ate that one!


This burger has an option, can be eaten alone on a plate or on a bun. I think it may be easier to eat on a plate. I can see this being a somewhat of a messy burger on a bun. But that doesn't mean its a bad burger, its just a thick and juicy burger!!!


Again, like my problem with the last recipe...MY problem not a recipe problem. This recipe called for putting bread in a food processor/blender to make crumbs. I am lacking when it comes to those kitchen appliances so I tried my hand chopper tonight. PERFECT! So if you want another way to make your bread crumbs, hand choppers are another option.


***one other thing I need to mention. The recipe called for Dijonaise and I swear up and down I had some. Not the case. So I substituted with Jalepeno Mustard. YUM!!!!!****


Weight Watchers poing value: 4 pts, 184 calories, 6.5g fat, 502 mg sodium, 12g carbs, 2g fiber, 4g sugar, 20.5 protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment